Thursday, June 08, 2006

Day One

Hi.

My folks named me Tanmay.

My Dog, Tasha, however, insists on calling me "woof". Despite innumerable efforts over a decade, she refuses to call me by any other name.

Friends, acquaintances, colleagues and family also call me Tanmay. A few take the liberty of calling me names such as T-Mac, Macster and Killa. I don't appreciate the contortion of phonetic sounds people associate me with. However, I understand that it arises from their intrinsic need to feel closer to me. Giving pet names to people appears to be the perfect way of establishing a bond.

The few women I have had the good fortune of dating have also contributedto the many names I'm associated with. Most of them are socially unacceptable references I refuse to share on a public forum.

My mother calls me Tanu. My brother calls me Bhai.
Please don't ever refer to me as Tanu Bhai. I'm not the local goon.

They tell me God has a plan.

Just call me Tanmay.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cool Tanny...I had to call you that coz you left it out of the name list.

Adi.

Anonymous said...

hehehehehe.. TANNUU BHAI!!...ROCKESHTAR!!
M sure god has a plan :-)

will b back.
tanu

Anonymous said...

Got the update in RSS feeds. Was this your first entry? :)

Tanmay is a nice name.

TS said...

Yup.

Even I like it... :P

When are you back?

Tanmay said...

Hey! That makes two of us.

Of course, you're the lucky one among the both of us.

Since I am approximately the size of Jupiter, I get names like Tunnu, Tummy, You Fat Fuck.

See you around man!

Anonymous said...

ok done! i went from ure most recent blog to the first one in 2 days flat...

it was a combination of 'ok' writing and me being bored!

TS said...

Well, in which case I hope the posts got worse as you flipped back :)